Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table..
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall after worship service. (PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THIS MONTH ONLY COFFEE HOUR WILL TAKE PLACE ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17th.)
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 1st Wednesday of the month) at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm..
- Bible Study, Thursdays, 12 noon in Small Meeting Room.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing).
- Giving Tree: Collecting hats, gloves, scarves and toiletries to benefit the community throughout the winter.
- Emergency Food Drive to benefit our community (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Lucy’s Pet Pantry to benefit pet emergency needs (ongoing).
- Open Table Community Meal: Free to all, soup and sandwiches, every Saturday, noon to 2 pm, Fellowship Hall.
- Restoration Church is utilizing our Sanctuary and building on Sundays at 9 am as their worship location. Welcome brothers and sisters.
- Caroling will take place on Monday, December 18th. Please meet at 5 pm in the rear parking lot of the church. All are welcome to join in the fun.
- Christmas Eve Service will be Sunday, December 24th at 7:30 pm. Please note that there have been publications distributed that indicated worship service was at 7 pm….that is incorrect. The correct time is 7:30 pm and all are welcome. Please note that regular worship will be held that morning at 11 am, and we invite you to attend all services throughout the entire Advent season.