Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table..
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall after worship service.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion. PLEASE NOTE THAT WOW WORSHIP IS PRESENTLY SUSPENDED AND WILL RESUME WHEN THE WEATHER GETS BETTER.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall..
- Bible Study, Thursdays at 12 noon in Small Meeting Room.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing).
- Emergency Food Drive to benefit our community (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Lucy’s Pet Pantry to benefit pet emergency needs (ongoing).
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Open Table Community Meal: Free to all, soup and sandwiches, every Saturday, noon to 2 pm, Fellowship Hall.
- Restoration Church is utilizing our Sanctuary and building on Sundays at 9 am as their worship location. Welcome brothers and sisters.
- Weekly Phone Prayer Meeting: Sundays at 7 pm, Phone # (605) 472-5491, Access Code 251678.
- Hospice Worship Service: Sunday, April 29 at 2 pm in our church Sanctuary.
- John Jay Singers will perform Saturday, May 5 at 6 pm in the church sanctuary. Please join us to hear the uplifting music of John Jay College Singers lead by the talented Gregory Sheppard. A free will offering will be taken.
- 2018 Annual Conference is scheduled for June 7 – 10. More information will follow.