Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table.
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing).
- Our Food Cupboard Weekly Challenge: The Missions Committee has an ongoing challenge for members and friends so that we can keep our food pantry stocked and ready to help our community. Each Sunday we are asking you to bring in one of the following items: peanut butter and jelly, pop top cans of ready foods, cereal, Pop Tarts, pasta of all types and sauce, Ramen Noodles, peanut butter/cheese crackers, microwavable foods, canned soups, canned fruits and vegetables, toiletries, laundry and dish soap, and sponges. Our goal is to keep the pantry fully stocked. Thank you! (ongoing)
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Open Table Community Meal: Free to all, soup and sandwiches, every Saturday, noon to 2 pm, Fellowship Hall.
- Restoration Church utilizes our Sanctuary and building on Sundays at 9 am as their worship location. Welcome brothers and sisters.
- Weekly Phone Prayer Meeting: Sundays at 7 pm, Phone # (605) 472-5491, Access Code 251678.
- You are cordially invited to join us in coffee hour fellowship the last Sunday of every month following worship service.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays, 6 pm Meal and Fellowship/Study at 7 pm.
- 175th Anniversary of The United Methodist Church Celebration: Thank you to all our generous sponsors, members, family, friends, clergy and vendors for making this such a wonderful event.
- Safe Sanctuary Workshop: Saturday, January 25, 10 am to 1 pm at Bullville UMC. For information call (845) 713-4122 or email email@example.com.
- 2020 Visioning Meeting: Please join us on Monday, January 27 at 6 pm as we vision for the future of our church. All are invited to attend and dinner will be served.
- Leader to Leader Training: Saturday, February 1 in Saugerties or Saturday, February 8 in Delhi. Email Margaret Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and registration.
- Catskill Hudson District Day Apart…Cups of Blessings: Saturday, February 22 from 9 am to 3:30 pm at Reservoir UMC, 3056 State Route 28, Shokan, NY 12481. Cost of workshop is $10 and can be made payable to NYAC-Catskill Hudson District, with “Day Apart” in the memo. Please send your check to Karen Yostpille, District Administrator, 20 Soundview Avenue, White Plains NY 10606. If you prefer to pay cash, please bring your $10 registration payment the day of the event. Please register online at https://ny-reg.brtapp.com/2020CatskillHudsonDayApart71
Celebrating 175 Years of Service to Our Community 1844-2019…growing STRONGER…growing DEEPER…reaching HIGHER.
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31