Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 2nd Wednesday of the month), 6 pm supper followed by study at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Friday Night AA Back 2 Basics Meeting, 8 pm.
- Prayer Meetings, Saturdays at 9:30 am in the Church Sanctuary.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing project).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Saturday, April 30, Free Community Lunch from 12 noon to 2 pm. Open to all in Fellowship Hall.
- Saturday, May 7, A Mother’s Day Spring Concert at 6:30 pm Featuring The John Jay Singers of John Jay College, Free-Will Offering.