Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. (Sunday worship on August 16 will be at 8 am; Sunday worship on August 23 will be at 11 am at Morningside Park).
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 2nd Wednesday of the month), 6 pm supper followed by study at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Bible Study, Thursdays at 12 noon in the choir room.
- Prayer Meeting, Thursdays at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- The Children’s Grieving Center, Tuesdays from 6 pm to 7 pm, at the Monticello Fire House providing comfort and loving support to children ages 6-12 years old. These services are offered by HOSPICE of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc. (845) 561-6143, ext 245 or (845) 561-6143, ext 223; www.hospiceoforange.com
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing project).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
***Our church has the privilege of being a host site for the Summer Feeding Program associated with the Monticello Central School Schools. This program is open to all children 18 years of age and younger, and they do not have to attend a Monticello School. There is no cost to the students or families. Breakfast is served Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Lunch is served Monday thru Friday from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm.
Sunday, August 16: The Bagel Festival will take place on Broadway (Monticello) beginning at 9 am. Our worship hour will take place at 8 am (instead of 11 am for that day only). The Missions Committee will be selling hot dogs, chips and drinks; The Ladies Guild will have a table selling knick knacks and such; and there will be an informational table as well.
Sunday, August 23: Annual Church Picnic at Morningside Park (11 Morningside Park Road, Hurleyville, NY l2747). Worship at 11 am followed by picnic. Joint event with Hurleyville UMC.