Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table..
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 1st Wednesday of each month at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 1st Wednesday of the month) at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Bible Study, Thursdays, 12 noon in Small Meeting Room.
- United Methodist Men’s Meeting: Second Saturday of each month, 8 am in Fellowship Hall. All men with a Christian heart are welcome to attend.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Restoration Church will be utilizing our Sanctuary and building on Sundays at 9 am as their new worship location. Welcome brothers and sisters.
- Open Table Community Meal: Free to all, soup and sandwiches, every Saturday through May, noon to 2 pm, Fellowship Hall.
- A ‘Hope Springs Eternal’ Spring Concert: Saturday, May 6, 6 pm featuring The John Jay Singers of John Jay College.