Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Hour the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 2nd Wednesday of the month), 6 pm supper followed by study at 7 pm.
- Bible Study, Thursdays, at the home of J. Greco.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm. (Noah’s Arch will be closed on Saturday, July 4th for the holiday.)
- The Children’s Grieving Center, Tuesdays from 6 pm to 7 pm, at the Monticello Fire House providing comfort and loving support to children ages 6-12 years old. These services are offered by HOSPICE of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc. (845) 561-6143, ext 245 or (845) 561-6143, ext 223; www.hospiceoforange.com
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing project).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Sunday, July 12: United Voices Choir will serve up a phenomenal gospel concert, 4 pm, at UMC Monticello, 445 Broadway, Monticello, NY, free will offering. There is plenty of parking in the lot behind the church off North Lakewood.