Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month. Please Note: World Communion Sunday will be celebrated on Sunday, October 2nd during the regular worship hour.
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 1st Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 1st Wednesday of the month), 6 pm supper followed by study at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Friends of Recovery Parent/Family Workshop, Wednesdays, 7 pm.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Bible Study, Thursdays, 12 noon in Small Meeting Room.
- Friday Nights AA Back 2 Basics Meeting, 8 pm.
- Prayer Meetings, Saturdays at 9:30 am in the Church Sanctuary.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Open Table Community Meal: October 8 and October 22, 12 noon — 2 pm in Fellowship Hall. Open to all free of charge.
- Church Bus Trip to Johns Street Church in NYC: Saturday, November 5th, $25 per person. Bus departs UMC Monticello at 8:45 am and departs back to Monticello at 3:15 pm. For information please call 794-7043.
- Restoration Church: Beginning Sunday, September 18 at 9 am Restoration Church will be utilizing our Sanctuary and building on a weekly basis as their new home location. Welcome brothers and sisters.
- Installation Service for the New Bishop, September 25 at 4 pm at Salem UMC in Harlem NY. Please call for details, 794-7043.