Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Hour the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Five week Advent Bible Study begins Wednesday November 19 at 6 pm for the evening supper/study group, and Thursday November 20 at noon for the afternoon lunch group. Study will take you through a five session book entitled Not a Silent Night – Mary Looks Back to Bethlehem, by Adam Hamilton. Books are $13…please see Denise Jakaitis to reserve your book.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- The Children’s Grieving Center, Tuesdays from 6 pm to 7 pm, at the Monticello Fire House providing comfort and loving support to children ages 6-12 years old. These services are offered by HOSPICE of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc. (845) 561-6143, ext 245 or (845) 561-6143, ext 223; www.hospiceoforange.com
- Mission Project: Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing project).
- Tuesday, November 11: Monticello Interfaith Council will meet, 6:30 pm, at the Latter Day Saints Church to present final plans for the Community Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Saturday, November 22: Community Thanksgiving Dinner, 12 noon – 4 pm, Monticello High School.
- Sunday, November 23: Annual Charge Conference, 12:30 pm, Fellowship Hall.
- Sunday, November 23: Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service, 6 pm, Sanctuary.
- Monday, November 24: Community Blood Drive, Ted Stroebel Recreation Center, 46 North Street, Monticello, NY, 2 pm – 7 pm, Room 5. Please call 1-800 RED CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org to make your lifesaving appointment.