Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 1st Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 2nd Wednesday of the month), 6 pm supper followed by study at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Friends of Recovery Parent/Family Workshop, Wednesdays, 7 pm.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Bible Study, Thursdays, 12 noon in Small Meeting Room.
- Friday Nights AA Back 2 Basics Meeting, 8 pm.
- Prayer Meetings, Saturdays at 9:30 am in the Church Sanctuary.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing project).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Saturday July 9 and July 23: Open Table Community Meal, 12 noon to 2 pm, Fellowship Hall, free meal open to the community.
- Sunday, July 31: Annual Church Picnic and Worship in the Park, 11 am, Morning Side Park Pavilion in Hurleyville (joint picnic with Hurleyville UMC).
- August 26-28 Camp Chrysalis: For children ages 5 to 17 who are grieving the death of a loved one that has occurred within the last two years. Call Hospice Bereavement Director Kim Warner at (845) 561-6111, ext. 117 for details. Deadline for applications is August 12.