Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
Sunday worship is at 11 am. Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that’s OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table.
- Monthly Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall after worship service.
- Bible Study, Thursdays at 12 noon in Small Meeting Room.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing).
- Emergency Food Drive to benefit our community (ongoing).
- Our Food Cupboard Weekly Challenge: The Missions Committee has an ongoing challenge for members and friends so that we can keep our food pantry stocked and ready to help our community. Each Sunday we are asking you to bring in one of the following items: peanut butter and jelly, pop top cans of ready foods, cereal, Pop Tarts, pasta of all types and sauce, Ramen Noodles, peanut butter/cheese crackers, microwavable foods, canned soups, canned fruits and vegetables, toiletries, laundry and dish soap, and sponges. Our goal is to keep the pantry fully stocked. Thank you! (ongoing)
- Lucy’s Pet Pantry to benefit pet emergency needs (ongoing).
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Open Table Community Meal: Free to all, soup and sandwiches, every Saturday, noon to 2 pm, Fellowship Hall.
- Restoration Church is utilizing our Sanctuary and building on Sundays at 9 am as their worship location. Welcome brothers and sisters.
- Weekly Phone Prayer Meeting: Sundays at 7 pm, Phone # (605) 472-5491, Access Code 251678.
- Saturday, May 4th at 6 pm: John Jay College Singers of New York Choir Tour. Freewill offering. For additional information please contact Jeremy Mills @ 845 707 1417.
Celebrating 175 Years of Service to Our Community 1844-2019
growing STRONGER…growing DEEPER…reaching HIGHER
…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31