Church Mission Statement: The mission of The United Methodist Church of Monticello is to be a welcoming and diverse congregation that worships God in spirit and in truth, caring for one another in Christian love, extending compassionate outreach to our congregation, community, and the world, by following Christ.
- Sunday worship is at 11 am. Fall sermon series is ‘Come and Discover Your Spiritual Gifts.’ Please know that we love our children. If they are a bit fussy during worship….that OK. If you would like a quieter child friendly area, we have a space in the foyer set up for children with seating and activities which includes a speaker so you can hear the service. We also have a restroom equipped with a changing table.
- Sunday School for children 6 to 13 years of age from 10 – 10:45 am. Please note that you do not have to be a member of UMC Monticello in order to attend…We welcome all children.
- Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
- Coffee Hour is the 4th Sunday of every month in Fellowship Hall.
- WOW Service (Worship on Wednesday) is the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meal served at 6 pm with worship to follow at 7 pm. All are welcome no matter what sexual orientation, race, income, creed or religion.
- Bible Study, Wednesdays (except the 2nd Wednesday of the month), 6 pm supper followed by study at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Bible Study, Thursdays at 12 noon in the choir room.
- Prayer Meeting, Thursdays at 7 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Noah’s Arch Thrift Shop is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm.
Mission Projects Include:
- Clothing drive for district schools…..t-shirts, socks, sweat pants, and sweatshirts (ongoing project).
- Food drive to benefit our community via St. John’s Episcopal Church (ongoing).
- Food drive to benefit the Backpack Program at Monticello Central Schools (ongoing).
- Sunday, 10/4: Celebration of World Communion Sunday during regular 11 am worship.
- Sunday, 10/11: Harvest Gospel Celebration (Concert), 4 pm, at UMC Monticello.
- Sunday, 10/18: Library Brigade at 12:30 pm, line up on Broadway right in front of church.
- Saturday, 10/24: Roast Beef Dinner at sister church UMC Hurleyville beginning at 4 pm.
- Saturday, 11/21: Community Thanksgiving Dinner at the Monticello High School (volunteers are needed).
- Monday, 11/30: Annual Charge Conference, 7 pm.